Volunteer Opportunities – 2019
The Curran Apple Orchard has a multitude of volunteer opportunities.
We have something for everyone…whether it is a one time task or ongoing project.
Everyone is welcome! Community service hours available.
Volunteer opportunities include:
*Pruning Parties – We need beginning AND experienced pruners. Master Gardeners are available to provide training to those who need guidance. See the pruning page for more information. We also need help hauling branches to the dumpster. Pruning Party dates:
- January 26
- February 9 & 23
- March 9 & 23
- April 6 & 27
- Espalier – Master Gardeners will provide training to those interested in decorative pruning techniques which are also aimed at maximizing production.
- Tree Care – Volunteers are always needed to help hang “sticky apple” traps on Saturday, May 4, 2017 from 10 a.m. to noon. We also need help with fruit thinning in late Spring and picking up windfalls in July/August. Ongoing help is also needed for weeding, placing bark and removing moss. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Concerts – Help plan and promote the FREE summer concert series
- Cider Squeeze – Don’t miss out on this fun event! Lots of help is needed to plan and operate this great community event.
- Tours – Help school children and adults learn about the orchard on scheduled tours (training provided).
- Birdhouses/Bat Houses /Mason Bees – Maintain and/or provide houses for other orchard inhabitants!
- Public Relations – Press releases, photography, phone work, coordinating with other groups and even thank you notes are all part of the orchard committee’s tasks!
These are only a few of the volunteer opportunities available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or attend a CORE meeting held on the first Tuesday of each month at City Hall – 3715 Bridgeport Way West – Bldg. E-2 – at 6pm for more information. We look forward to meeting and working with you!